Big Tags for Big Presents

Well we went out and got the new making memories slice. And I got the FaLaLa card for it as well. i was playing with it and this is what I came up with. Originally i was making a card front and wasn't sure how tall I wanted the card when Susan said i should make a giant tag for a giant present. So thats what unded up happening. Almost everything on this tag is cut with the slice with the exception of the tag itself and the snow banks in cardstock and vellum. Since this card is a total departure from what I normally do i had to add at least one original touch and bubble wrap stamped the trees. So far my review for the Slice ... it is nice and portable with no cord. I can just throw it in my bag and go. It has some nice items to diecut with quite a nice selection on the start-up card alone. However, the drawbacks ... you need to cut each thing individually and you need to hold the machine (not unlike a router) Also it get tempermental at times and overheats as well. Sometimes you get a distorted cut and it will not cut heavy cardstock at all. I cut some light vellum and it handled that well. It seems to do best with the el chepo michals cardstock. I also do not like the gluing idea (putting glue on the glass to make it tacky. There has got to be a better way. All in all I am not as happy with the slice as I thought I would be. But i think it is worth keeping. if you dont have another cutting system and you are looking at getting one. make sure you weigh the pros and cons of this system before getting it. Granted I have not used it much yet and there is alot more to learn about using it, but there are quite a few cons as well as pros. Well there is my two cents. I will post more as I use it more.

0 comments:

Followers