Feeling Festive

I have grown to love hand-sewn cards. I thought it would be fun to sew a tree card again, but this time add buttons for ornaments. I love buttons and i have so many of them. I also used my new slice to make the base and the star as well. I really like the way it turned out I feel it looks festive and folksy/ primitive at the same time.

So now that halloween is sadly over my mind is starting to switch to the winter holidays. Sadly I can't afford to buy much this year (as most of us are) but I can give what I have an abundence of love. I think the best gifts come from the heart and that is why this year is so special. I am giving alot of hand-made gifts this year which is something you just cant get at the mall. I am hoping also to possibly trade for gifts this year as well. So if you are also a crafter and see something you like let me know Im sure we can work something out. I also do custom work as well if you are interested in that. happy holidays.

5 comments:

Travel Turtle said...

Very cute! I love sewn paper, but never thought of using the sewn part to look like a tree.

Trading holiday gifts is such a great idea. You should tweet that or set up a site for it or something

Janet said...

Ooo, love your cards. Your blog layout is beautiful.

~D~ said...

love love love the buttons buttons....

All Wired Up TOO said...

Cute card!
I've done handmade gifts exclusively for three years..everyone loved them BEST!

Pam said...

Great blog!!

Followers